Qt Software renamed the famous “Qtopia”, platform which is used for creating user applications and interfaces for advanced consumer electronics, to Qt Extended 4.4. Qt enables developers to build applications and services once and then extend them across all major desktops, mobile and other embedded platforms without rewriting the code. Qt Extended has extended the Qt application development framework, in turn out to bring increased functionality to embedded Linux, and it also inherits the Qt WebKit Integration, which offers the device manufacturers to enrich their applications with live web content such as online maps, music stores and instant messaging.
Sebastian NystrÃ¶m, Vice President of Qt Software, Nokia, says: â€œQt Extended is designed to accelerate software development for a wide range of consumer devices, such as video IP phones, media players and other advanced devices. With the new release of Qt Extended, we are making it easier to differentiate the user experience and the feature set.â€
Core features of the Qt Extended 4.4
- Modular architecture for feature selection
- Advanced touch based user interface
- IP communications framework based on Telepathy – Instant Messaging (XMPP) and Presence
- Unified Inbox for email, SMS, MMS and IM.
- Push IMAP email and other messaging enhancements
- New Qt UI Test tool for automated system tests.
- Video IP Deskphone – A new reference design