Printing work is required every now and then for office and project work. Relying on a nearby cybercafe is not feasible for doing your important printouts every time. Hence, it will be wise if you buy a printer for doing these jobs of your home or office. It will help you in printing out your important documents like air tickets, resumes, and presentation papers.
The newly advanced printers can not only execute color or black and white printing but also do scanning and Xerox work. Most of them have a compact design and are easy to install. To know which printer will match your technical requirements and come at an affordable price, just have a look at the list of some of the best printers you can buy online for your home or office.
What Are the Types of Printers
Before you go ahead to buy a printer, you need to know what kind of printer is suitable for you. There are three types of printers available which are Inkjet printer, Inktank printer, and Laser printer.
Inkjet Printer: it is one of the most common printers that are used in both home and office. It is useful for color printouts, photographic images on glossy and textured papers. These printers use ionizable inks which are heated by thermal/ piezoelectric means and are sprayed with a nozzle on the paper sheet. They are much cheaper to use compared to ink tank or laser printer, but the cartridges are a bit costly, and most of these printers can print up to 15 ppm.
Inktank Printer: Inktank printers work almost like inkjet printers but with continuous refillable ink cartridges. This printer is a heavy-duty printer and can print nearly about 4500 black and white and 6500 color printouts when at full capacity.
Laser Printer: This printer is costlier than the rest of the two but can process superior quality color or black and white printing at low-cost prints per page. It uses the technique of electrostatic toner that fires a laser beam back and forth across a drum inside the printer, developing a pattern of static electricity. It sprays ink through microscopic nozzles on the paper by using a toner cartridge and a heated fuser.
It is a compact inkjet color printer that can print your official and project documents with ease. It produces high-quality printing with low-cost printing per page. The white-colored body is pleasing to the eyes, making the printer an elegant addition to home or office. It is also one of the cheapest HP printers that are available below Rs 5000.
- Type: personal printer
- Connectivity Technology: wired
- Max Resolution B/W: 1200 x 1200 dpi
- Max Resolution Color: 4800 x 1200 dpi
- Max Printing Speed B/W (ppm): 20 ppm
- Max Printing Speed Color (ppm): 16 ppm
- Print Speed: Up to 20 ppm – black draft – A4 (8.25 in x 11.7 in)
- Up to 16 ppm – color draft – A4 (8.25 in x 11.7 in)
- Media Type: envelopes, photo paper, plain paper
- Total Media: Capacity 60 sheets
- OS Required: Apple OS X 10.10 Yosemite, Microsoft Windows XP / 7 / 8 / 8.1 (32/64 bits)
It is an ideal printer for those who are searching for an all-in-one ink tank printer with a compact size. It takes less space for installation and renders high-quality printing at an affordable cost. Get high-resolution prints up to 5760 dots per inch which will give a splendid printing experience of photographs or documents. It has a superb speed of 33 ppm which means it will finish off your printing job within no time. This multifunction printer is also equipped with a flatbed color image scanner that can scan and print your documents by using CIS sensor technology. If you are looking for a color printer with high printing capacity with a scanner, then you can certainly go for it.
- Type: Multifunction personal printer
- Connectivity: USB 2.0 wired
- Print Method: On-demand ink jet (piezoelectric)
- Printing Technology: Inkjet
- Scanner Type: Flatbed
- Print Speed B/W: 33 PPM
- Print Speed Color: 15 PPM
- Scanner Type: Flatbed color image scanner
- Scanning Method: CIS
- Scanner Bit Depth (Color): 48-bit internal, 24-bit external
- Scanner Bit Depth (Grayscale): 16-bit internal, 8-bit external
- Scanner Bit Depth (Black & White): 16-bit internal, 1-bit external
- Operating system: Windows and Mac compatible
This canon printer is apt equipment for office use for its multitasking features such as scanning, copying, printing, and faxing. It delivers high-quality printing, scanning, and copying with superior results simplifies your office documentation work. It can print at the rate of 24 ppm with a resolution of 600×600 dpi, providing impressive prints. The optical scanner of the gadget scans the document at a resolution of 600×600 dpi with a resolution of 24-bit color depth. With the help of image refinement technology, it can enhance the print resolution up to 1200×600 dpi. It also has a high capacity of 33 sheets of feed, and it can start copying, scanning, and printing them automatically.
- Type: All in one copying, printing, scanning
- Technology: Laser
- Print mode: Monochrome
- ADF: 35 sheets
- Print media format: A4, Envelope DL, LGL, Oficio, Envelope Monarch, B5, STMT, 16K, Envelope C5, A5, EXE, COM10
- Print speed: 23 CPM (monochrome)
- Scanner resolution: 600 x 600 dpi (optical)
- Scanner type: Flatbed
- Color depth: 24 bits (input/output)
- Fax features: 200 x 100 dpi
- Transmission speed: 33.6 Kbps
- Fax memory: 256 pages
- Internal memory: 128 MB
- Operating system: Microsoft Windows XP, Microsoft Windows 7, Mac OS X 10.4.9 or newer, Microsoft Windows Vista
- Connectivity: USB 2.0 cable
It is a compact and economical wireless printer that is suitable for both office and home usage. It renders low-cost printing up to 400 pages of A4 size sheets with the PG-47 ink cartridge. You can download the PIXMA printing solutions app on your Android or iOS device and directly print the images stored on the phone. It also stores the images that you can scan on the printer in your handset. It also has a PIXMA cloud link which allows you to do printing from popular services like Facebook, Evernote, and Dropbox or send scanned copy to Google Drive or One Drive. You can also attach the scanned copy to Gmail and Yahoo mail.
- Type: Multi-function
- Printing Output: Color
- Max Print Resolution (Color): 4800 x 1200 dpi
- Functions: Print, Scan, Copy, Fax
- Refill Type: Ink Cartridge
- Media Types Supported: Paper, Envelopes
- Bit Depth Color: 48-bit, 24-bit (RGB Each 16-bit / 8-bit)
- Scan Type: Flatbed
- Optical Scanning resolution: 600 x 1200 dpi
- Wireless Support
- Maximum Multicopy: 99 pages
- Operating System: Windows: XP, Vista, 7, 8, Mac OS X: v10.5
The DCP â€“ 1616MW multifunction laser printer is an excellent gadget that can print up to 20 pages per minute. You can view and reprint scanned documents easily with a resolution of 2400 x 600 dpi. The printer has smart built-in features like wireless networking and mobile printing options. The printer is capable of doing heavy-duty printing and scanning job of media which includes A4, A5, Letter, Executive, Legal, Folio, and B5.
- Type: Multi-function laser printer
- Interface: USB
- Printing Method: Laser
- Printing Output: Monochrome
- Printer Functions: Print/Copy/Scan
- Print Resolution Mono: 2400 X 600 dpi
- Duplex printing
- Input Tray Capacity: 150 pages
- Output Tray Capacity: 50 sheets
- Media Size Supported: A4, A5, A5 (Long Edge), B5
- Scan Type: Flatbed
- Optical Scanning Resolution: 600 x 1200 dpi
- Wireless Support
- USB Support: USB 2.0
- Operating System: Window 8.1/8/7, Windows Vista, Windows XP
So if you are looking out for a printer that can do your printing job efficiently along with printing, scanning, and copying, then you can consider the above list of best printers available for buying online and choose one which fits your requirements.