Procedure to Setup Gmail for Self Hosted Domains
Written By Samrat| 6 January 2009| 2 Comments
If you host your Domain on a paid hosting then it is very much better to setup a mail account with them. But there are some people who like to setup their mail accounts at Google. Google provides Gmail for hosted domains. I also like to use to use the Google hosted mail account because I love the Interface. To get this working all you have to do is just make some changes to your MX Records.
Procedure to setup Gmail for hosted domains
Login to your Hosting account and select “Manage This Domain”. You can make changes to the MX Records for that particular domain. For those of you who do not know much about MX Records – “MX records are Mail Exchange records that are part of the DNS zone file that routes your mail from your webhost to Gmail”. Now delete all the MX records present there and add the following
- 1 aspmx.l.google.com.
- 5 alt1.aspmx.l.google.com.
- 5 alt2.aspmx.l.google.com.
- 10 aspmx2.googlemail.com.
- 10 aspmx3.googlemail.com.
(Be sure to include trailing dot (.) at the end of each record.)
Just save them and wait for a day. Now you can check your mails at http://mail.google.com/hosted/YOURDOMAIN.com (Replace YOURDOMAIN with your actual domain name). You can also redirect that to mail.YOURDOMAIN.com so that you and your users can easily type in the URL to access their mail accounts.
If you are facing any problems then do contact me. I’ll be ready to help you out.
This is Samrat interested in Blogging, Programming, CSS, Web Designing, SEO and other things.
- Download Free Games for Nokia 5800 Xpress Music Mobile
- Apple iPhone Troubleshooting Tip - “Could not activate cellular data network”
- Win Full License of MyPhone and Transform S60 UI to Apple iPhone UI
- Freeware S60 5th edition Applications for Nokia 5800 XpressMusic
- Samsung Star 3G S5603 Full Review And Specs