This is an useful software from Microsoft in case you are interested in photography or are by profession a photographer. A set of tools for photographers is provided by Microsoft Pro Photo Tools, which enables the photographer to perform several tasks with their photos, which includes RAW captures and “Geotagging”.
With some newly added features and improvements in functioning the latest version of Microsoft Pro Photo Tools has been recently released.
The new added features include:
- Support for reading & writing XMP side car metadata enabling interoperability with Adobe products.
- Support for 64-bit Windows
- Support for geotagging international locales
- Functionality for geotagging images improved.
- In addition to thumbnails, actual RAW images can be viewed.
- RAW files can be converted to JPEG, TIFF, and HD Photo using “As Shot” camera settings.
- RAW images can be resized.
It is interesting to know how the location name can be automatically determined, how GPS coordinates from location name can be determined, location on a map can be identified. It enables you to view images on Windows Live Maps and for a 3D view of the image location. You can also use Microsoft Virtual Earth.