When you buy a home theater system for your home there are many things that you need to consider mainly how to set it up in a proper way. If the home theater is not installed correctly, it will not perform correctly. To know how to set up home theater system in a proper manner, check out the things you need to follow.
Home Theater Room Ideas
You should first analyze your room size in which you are going to install the home theater. It is an important criterion based on which you can choose 2.1, 5.1 or 7.1 home theater speaker system.
- If your room size is small (10′ Wide x 12′ Long x 7′ High) then a 2.1 home theater systems will be apt for it.
- For medium room (12′ Wide x 20′ Long x 8′ High) to large room (16′ Wide x 24′ Long x 9′ High) a 5.1 to 7.1 speaker system will be better as a 2.1 home theater system might make you struggle to hear its sound.
The next thing what counts is the size of the TV and its specifications.
- If you have got a LED TV that is 32 inches in size then the distance between you and your TV should be around 4 ft or above.
- If your TV set size goes beyond 42 inches then you should place your couch nearly 6 ft away from.
How to Setup Surround Sound Speakers
Placing your speakers in the right position is quite significant for better performance of your home theater. In case you are finding it a bit confusing then you can refer to the home theater setup diagram that comes along with some speaker systems.
- The front two speakers and the subwoofer should be placed right in the front of you, on both side of the TV.
- If possible, keep a 45-degree angle of each speaker towards your couch. This takes pretty much of the center channel of your home theater speakers.
- The rear speakers can be placed on the opposite walls parallel to each other, possibly 2 feet above the viewer. Tilt them a little downwards so it can throw the detailed sound and maximize the surround sound effect.
- See that the path of the speakers is not obstructed by any door panel or other object so that they can deliver the best sound output. By doing this, the bass and the treble notes will come in an evenly fashion without creating any distortion in the sound effect.
In case you have bought a speaker system of higher configuration or with Dolby Atmos feature, then you can opt for fixing the speakers on the ceiling for better calibration.
Home Theater Equipment
A home theater system or a high definition LED TV won’t run on its own, you need the right accessories to bring that cinematic effect in your home.
Blu-Ray DVD player:
A Blu-Ray DVD player is one of the primary things that you would require to make things running for you. Some Blu-Ray DVD players have multiple features like 3D cinema enabled, internal hard drive, surround sound system and video streaming and Wi-Fi capabilities which makes them perfect companion for home theater systems.
Online Video Streaming Gadgets:
You can opt for an online streaming device like Google Chromecast, Roku or Amazon Fire TV stick. These gadgets can stream Netflix, HBO and other online streaming networks via your Wi-Fi connection.
DTH (Direct to Home) cable network is also an appropriate ally of your home theater. Some of them has Dolby sound feature with 1080p picture resolution and recording facility which can enhance you movie watching experience.
How to Hook Up Speaker Wire
Cabling is a vital part of the home theater for its better performance and proper signal flow from your Blu-Ray player, DTH device or the home theater receiver. You need the right set of cables for connecting all the devices. You can have a look at the user manual of the device to plug in the cords in the correct manner and prevent jumbling up of the wires.
- Using HDMI cables for connecting the devices and for video-audio output reduces the connection hassle to a single cord. It enhances the picture quality and the sound output of the home theater speaker system significantly.
- You can use RCA cables which have Red, White and Yellow wires that goes to the input and output source of the device. Pay attention to the color of the cords and plug in the cords according to it the color of the ports.
- For satellite speakers, copper wire is recommended as it can carry sound signals better than the usual cables provided with the gadget. It means that you will get a better sound reproduction for amplifying your cinema viewing experience.
- Wireless surround sound systems need less or no wires for connecting the speakers but, you need to check the main receiver and its settings to reproduce sound quality in a better way.
- For play the system via your computer or laptop, you need VGA cables or HDMI cords. Check the configuration in the beginning to avoid any sort of distortion.
- Hide the external cords and prevent them from spoiling the interior looks of your house. This is particularly important when you are installing 5.1 or 7.1 home theater system in your home.
For the people who have bought a new home theater in but have a little confusion about how to set it up properly, the above points will certainly guide them to install it correctly and enjoy their cinema viewing experience with the home theater to the fullest.