Over the years Nerf toys have created a huge buzz among youngsters and adults because of the sheer entertainment they provide. Nerf is a toy which meant for safe indoor play, which shoots foam like material. Nerf stands for Non-Expanding Recreational Foam. Majority of the toys are variety of foam based weaponry, mainly guns known as Nerf guns or Nerf dart guns. Nerf was initially developed by Nerf with a 4″ polyurethane foam ball. These Nerf toy guns shoot ammunitions made from Nerf foam and most of the most Nerf gun toys released in 1980’s features bright neon colors.
Types of Nerf Guns
There are several type of Nerf guns available in the market for you to choose from. We are listing some of the most popular type of Nerf guns which have entertained youngsters and adults alike.
Vulcan Nerf Gun
The Vulcan Nerf gun is big in size, brightly colored and is helpful for quick missions. You feel like a rockstar when you carry this gun and the Vulcan Nerf gun comes with a handle which allows you to easily carry the gun.
Tommy 20 Nerf Gun
This Nerf gun boasts of rapid fire action and comes with a rotating dart cylinder which delivers 20 blasts as soon as the trigger is pulled. Tommy 20 Nerf gun is known for firing with high accuracy and precision.
Nerf Machine Gun
Nerf machine gun is one of the most widely used Nerf guns that uses heat sensors to detect movement of intruders and fire at them.
Long Shot Nerf Gun
Just over 3 feet long , long shot Nerf gun can launch darts up to 35 feet away. One re-load clip can hold 12 darts at a time.
Nerf rapid fire 20 Machine Gun
Nerf rapid fire 20 machine gun allows you to shoot a spell of Nerf darts with the help of rapid fire switch. The gun is one of the latest entrants in the Nerf N-strike series.
Nerf n Strike Maverick Dart Gun Blaster
The Nerf n strike maverick dart gun blaster is equipped with a six-dart rotating barrel, which allows you to shoot down your enemy easily.
How to make Nerf Gun
Since Nerf gun toys give hours of entertainment to kids therefore they are extremely popular. However, the entertainment doubles when you make your own Nerf guns. The home made Nerf guns takes your excitement and fun to a different level. Here we are teaching you as to how you can make your own Nerf gun. For this you need 2 PVC tubes duct tape, Nerf darts, screw with washer, nut superglue 3-in-1 oil and a jigsaw. After arranging these, read these instructions to make your own Nerf toy guns.
- First of all you need to choose your ammunition. Darts are launched from Nerf guns from spring using spring energy, but it is also possible to launch darts from Nerf gun toys via pressurized air. However, for this you need to tailor the size of your launcher as per the size of the dart. Different darts have different tube requirements.
- You need two PVC pipes, one big in diameter and one smaller to make the gun’s nerf chamber. You must keep in mind that the small pipe fits into the big one. Again the diameter of the pip depends on the darts you are going to use in your Nerf toy gun.
- Now you have to place the smaller tube inside the big tube and tape it with the big one so that it doesn’t move and remain still when you drill it. The smaller tube should stick out about 2 inches from the larger tube.
- Now you need to drill a hole near the end of the large tube, where the smaller tube is sticking out. Keep in mind that you have to drill through top of both the tubes and after this remove the tape and pull the smaller tube out about half of its length. Now drill another hole through the smaller tube. Make sure that the holes in the smaller tubes are aligned to each other.
- Now with the utility knife cut the smaller tube between the two holes, leaving a slot similar to the drilled holes. The slot will act as a guide track for your inner tube and smooth off the rough edges.
- After this, you need to fit the smaller tube into the larger tube and wrap more tape around the edge of the smaller tube for proper fitting with the larger tube. If it moves then use the 3-in-1 oil for lubrication.
- Now, tighten the larger and smaller tube with a screw and attach a nut.
- After you are done with this, load the tube and test fire to ensure that you are getting the required air pressure. If you find that your darts are not getting enough distance, then it may be possible that there is a leak an you have to put in additional tape. Thus your Nerf dart gun is ready for use.
Nerf Gun Mods
With Nerf Gun Modification, or mods your Nerf Dart guns can shoot further and perform in a better manner. However, before going for Nerf gun mod, you need to keep a few things in mind. First and foremost you need to know how a Nerf toy gun is made and how you can disassemble and reassemble various parts of the gun. However, since there are several ways as to how you can modify your Nerf gun, you can modify any of these toy guns regardless of its model and shoot further. Some of the Nerf gun mods are
- AK 47 Longshot Mod
- Americas Nerf Recon Mod
- B00m13 Nerf Halo Brute Shot Titan Mod
- Buzz Bee Double Shot Mod
- Dual Nerf Maverick String Mod
- Easy Nerf vulcan Mod
- Easy nerf maverick Mod
- Cool Nerf Gun Mod
- CPVC Nerf Longshot Mod
Nerf Guns 2010
Some of the Nerf guns which have grabbed headlines of 2010 are :
- Nerf N-Strike Longstrike CS-6
- Mystery Blaster
Best Nerf Gun
Well, it is very difficult to categorize the best Nerf guns since all of these guns are so good. However we have tried to arrange some of the best performing Nerf guns available in the market.
- Nerf N-Strike Longshot CS-6
- Nerf N-Strike Raider Rapid Fire CS-35
- Nerf N-Strike Maverick Rev-6
- Nerf N-Strike Vulcan EBF-25
- Nerf N-Strike Unity Power System
- Nerf Big Bad Bow and Arrow
- Clear Special Edition N-Strike Maverick REV-6
- Nerf Strikefire Dart Tag Blaster
- Nerf Crossfire Dart Tag Blaster
- Nerf N-Strike Barrel Break IX-2
- Nerf N-Strike Magstrike AS-10
- Nerf N-Strike Nite Finder EX-3
Hope you will find this information useful.