Features of Cyber-shot DSC-T500 –
– 10 mega-pixel camera
– 3.5″ Touch-sensitive Hybrid TFT LCD having an Aspect Ratio of 16:9 and 230,000 dots.
– Records wide and full-screen 1280×720 movie at an amazing rate of 30 frames per second in fine, standard and VGA recording modes which is three times higher than standard-definition movies.
– Has the MPEG4 AVC/H.264 compression feature to reduce the size of captured videos and can also capture still images during video shooting.
– Also has the ISO-increasing image stabilization technology.
– Has got 1/2.3″ Type Super HAD CCD sensor with 10.3 million pixels total and 10.1 million effective pixels. In addition, the Carl Zeiss Vario-Tessar lens comes with a 5x optical and digital zoom.
– Camera included is a Multi-Pattern, Center-Weighted, Spot metering features.
– Memory Stick media card used for photo and video storage.
Phil Lubell, director of digital camera marketing at Sony Electronics said, “Our research revealed that people like to shoot video with their point-and-shoot cameras, but were very dissatisfied with the video quality and the resulting large files. Our new T500 fulfills this customer need for a digital camera that delivers high-quality movies in a small form factor”.
For easy organizing and viewing of images, the DSC-T500 is supplied with Picture Motion Browser software. It is sleek and compact which will ship shortly in elegant black with a brushed metal finish for about $400.